Please read following information thoroughly before submitting the final version of your paper. For any additional information please contact the Local Organising Committee.
Authors who need to revise their papers should look at the most common mistakes below and correct them before final paper submission:
Most common mistakes found during the review process were:
- Proper copyright notice must be on the bottom right hand side of the first page (see the CR info below).
- The paper must be written strictly in accordance with the PES Author’s kit.
- 6 pages max.
- Missing affiliation where authors are listed.
- There should be NO special initials at the introduction.
- Spacing and referencing: there should be a space between the last character and bracket. Example:as seen in .
- Also, if there are more references than one there should be comma between them , , . If there are more references than 2 that are in “a row” they should be shortened: Example: , , ,  it should be written like -.
- Figures and tables captions. Figures caption is below the figure and table caption is above the table in Table style font and the roman style numbering (I, II, III, IV,…).
- References should be listed in IEEE standard format.
- Page numbers are not required.
All authors are required to fill and sign a IEEE copyright form regarding each paper they co-authored. All presenting authors of the submitted papers were sent an IEEE Copyright Pending Notice E-mail (if you haven’t received the mail, please contact the Local Organising Committee). All the necessary information about the copyright transfer to IEEE is provided in the mentioned e-mail.
Papers should be firstly checked with the PDF eXpress tool and then the newly created PDF, which is an output from PDF eXpress, should be uploaded to our submission portal!
PDF eXpress tool only checks for compatibility of the paper with the IEEE standards and is not used for the ICHQP2018 paper submission!
Paper Submission Procedure
Authors should submit the full manuscript until the deadline shown in the menu at the right hand side of the page.
Authors of the accepted papers have time to submit their final manuscripts till March 1, 2018.
Paper submissions may be up to six A4-sized pages in length (nevertheless the IEEE PES template limits it to five pages), including figures, tables and references. Papers longer than six pages will be subject to a page fee for the additional pages (two max). The paper should be written strictly in accordance with the PES Author’s kit including the proper copyright notice (see below) and submitted in PDF format. IEEE PES Microsoft Word template for Conference Papers is available here.
Submission to ICHQP2018 should represent original research work that is not under review elsewhere. All submissions will be rigorously reviewed and should clearly demonstrate improvements over the existing state of the art.
The conference proceedings will be sent for publication in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference, including IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, if the paper is not presented by the author at the conference.
Presentation of an accepted transaction paper
Authors of the accepted IEEE transaction papers are encouraged to present their work at the conference. In order to properly address this kind of papers, please select proper option from Presentation Type list in the submission process.
If the journal and the conference are both published by IEEE, there are no issues with copyright. However, the author must inform both the editor of the journal and the conference pub chair of the request to publish the paper at both venues. Also, if the journal paper was accepted for publication before the conference paper, then the author should reference the journal paper in the conference paper.
Important IEEE Policy Announcement
Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and the IEEE will take action against any author who has engaged in either practice.
IEEE Web Page on Plagiarism:
IEEE Web Page on Double Submission:
PDF Instructions for Authors
Before Creating a PDF
- Add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document. If necessary, contact Local Organising Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for the appropriate copyright notice.
- Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
The appropriate copyright clearance code notice is to appear on the bottom right hand side of the first page of each paper according to the guidelines set forth in the Cataloging/Copyright Instructions for an IEEE Conference Proceeding. Detailed instructions can be found at:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-0517-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-0517-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-0517-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE
Authors using LaTeX can use the following command for insertion of the standard IEEE copyright notice into your paper.
%Add these before the “\maketitle” command.
This command will print CR notice on bottom right part of the first page of your paper. However, the notice might overlap with the text, so please check the document and if necessary add additional break into the text. Also make sure to pick the appropriate code from the list!
Creating your PDF eXpress Account
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus site.
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users – Click Here link.
- Enter the following:
• 41556XP for the Conference ID
• your email address
• a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support
Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress.
If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Ask A Question tab.
Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.
Full manuscripts submission on-line facility is available here.